Friday, January 12, 2007

Goodnight, kids!

This photo was taken while I was stationed in Panama. Aaron looks pretty cozy, huh? See the cute poster in the background? Not very Marineish of him, though he did wear my boots and BDU's all the time. He was in the 4th grade in this photo.

Aaron's best friend, Jerrod, will be here at 11:00 tomorrow night, well really, now, tonight at 11:00. For those of you who don't know Jerrod, he lives in Phoenix. Jerrod and Aaron were as close as any two people I've ever known.

Needless to say, I've cleaned house all day. uuugghh! I like the old theory of Phyllis Diller who said, "Oh, you know, it's like cleaning your house, you do it, and sure enough, you turn around six months later and have to do it all over again!"

So, I'll get back a little tighter with Guadalcanal, but I did think the stories on the Marine Captain were pretty cool.

It's been a good day for me, and I sure hope it has for all of you.

Sleep well.

and Semper Fi!

No comments: