Tuesday, December 26, 2006


I didn't have the right lens with me when I took this picture the other day, so you can't see the scene as it really is. This is one of my favorite spots between Dumas and Amarillo. Just south of the Canadian River, a railroad bridge spans the river's red waters that you can't see too well in this picture. The Texas Panhandle isn't my favorite place because I like lots of trees, but there are some spots that have a rugged beauty. This is one of them. The next time I go to Amarillo, I'll take the other lenses and get a better shot.

4 comments:

De'on Miller said...

Nice shot.

Wonder how many people want to move here now? :]

Steve Ramos said...

Well,they can have my spot!!

Semper Fi Mom said...

LOVE the picture! And the panhandle IS one of my favorite spots. ;) I love the wide open skies and being able to see for miles.

Steve Ramos said...

I admit there is beauty in the expanse. I'm grateful for the clean air and blue skies. But wouldn't it be nice to have just a few trees?!!