Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Guess I'm Into Headlines Today

OK, Steve, so we need to start saving up for ME to go to Iraq. This article made me jealous because I didn't get to go, but I'm glad they did and that others will get to.

Where am I when these things get organized?

***
Slain soldiers' parents make pilgrimage to Iraq
Grieving families find a cause worth fighting for on visit to Kurdish area



LYERLY, Ga. - After her son Justin was killed serving in Iraq, a grieving Jan Johnson resolved to see the place where he died and to better understand why it happened.

Johnson and her husband, Joe, who also served in Iraq, were among a group of seven parents who lost children in the war who were picked to travel to northern Iraq in November as a scout team for a bigger trip next year.... Click here for full story.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Even though they weren't able to get into the places where their sons were actually killed, those parents experienced healing just from being in Iraq. They need to touch something, they need to breathe the air in the country where their sons breathed their last. They need a bridge to the places where their warrior sons were on their last days.

I'm glad they did this, and I'm glad they visited the Kurds. My own experience with the Kurds was positive. They couldn't have been any nicer to me, and they support the United States. I'm working on a story about my stay with them.