Friday, January 05, 2007

I was working for a newspaper in the Arizona desert, and I took this picture during an unusually rainy winter. The desert's earthtones gave way to an explosion of wildflowers and emerald grass for several weeks, but then summer came, and the 120-plus heat took its toll. On me and the flowers. Heat like that is insane.

I had to edit the picture, though. There were a couple of cars on the road and some road signs that I took out of the picture. After standing in that spot for an hour or so, waiting for an opportunity to take the picture without any cars to clutter up the scene, I gave up. I thought I'd take it with the annoying cars and just remove them on the computer. And you wonder how they make those cover girls look so good? It's all about the computer, baby!

I haven't posted much lately because I'm still working on our new Web site at www.gunzup.com. I'm also working on other projects that have fallen to the wayside. But you're in good hands here with De'on.

2 comments:

De'on Miller said...

I always told Aaron this same thing: that the reality of it was that all women really do look like his mother. Everything else is trick photography!

De'on Miller said...

You are precious. I'm so glad Jerrod is here with us. I love you both so much and Shawna is a little doll!