Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Virgie Bell's View: You Can Count On The 'Crazies'

I read in this week’s Time magazine that we lost more people in an hour’s time during some of the battles of World War II than we did when we were attacked at Pearl Harbor. I can’t see what this information has to do with anything, other than it seems to be some sort of litmus test.

A Los Angeles newspaper calls the attack on our country on 9/11 a “day of infamy.” No more than a mosquito bite compared to other historic attacks. I may be unreasonable in my view, but I consider it much more than a mosquito bite.

You can always count on the crazies to give their two bits as long as it’s against everything for America and absolutely anything for the enemies of the United States. I feel like those lunatics are hurting the new majority in our Capital. It’s one thing to be against the war, but it’s an entirely different thing to be against our troops.

They are trying everything to cut funding for the troops, something that even as I report this, I have a hard time believing. What madness, what betrayal. But there you go. No one ever mentions that Libya surrendered without a shot being fired during all of this misbegotten war, nor that Gadhafi surrendered himself about five seconds after our troops pulled Saddam out of his spider hole.

I know we were still in the sanction stage with Libya, but I remember when President Reagan dropped a bomb on Moammar Gadhafi, killing one granddaughter. Libya was responsible for the deaths of many people who were riding in a commercial flight over Scotland.

I have a hard time understanding where anyone one can call 9/11 as insignificant as a mosquito bite. Hang around though. Give a couple of idiots like Ahmadinejad or Hugo Chavez a chance with a nuke, then watch it go.

I’m amazed that I have only now come to realize how breathy Madam Speaker’s voice is. I knew giddy and bouncy, but I sure missed breathy, and to tell you the truth, dear reader, I am ashamed of myself to miss something so extraordinary.

I will pay attention to details in the future, and as always, I will SUPPORT THE TROOPS.

1 comment:

De'on Miller said...

Breathy, huh? I am rather surprised you missed that. You must be slipping.