Sunday, January 28, 2007

Air Force News and Definite Need


I introduced our readers to Todd just a couple of days ago. This time, I wanted to show you a different photo, and bring along part of his proposal over here.

The rest of his post is really interesting too, but I don't know if you run in to legal problems with stealing somebody's entire post?

Well, I haven't yet, but click at the bottom if you want the rest of the story, but at the very least, please read through to the end of this post.

Aren't they great! Dodge bullets and take care of kids. It's like that bringing home the bacon commercial.

Here's Todd ... (The Air Force is on first name basis, isn't it? ;)

+++

..So here is my proposition!! I know some people will be a little leery of this idea or just think its ridiculous but I want to do this for these kids and try to make as much of a difference as I can while I’m here. I’m giving Ricky $100.00 to buy 100 pairs of rain boots, different sizes and colors. Here is what I want you to do if you can and if you will. If you will send me a check money order or whatever to my address over here in Afghanistan and we will put it into our Afghan Children’s Fund for Shoes. It can be $1.00 or $20.00 or whatever you want I just want to see what we can do. People have already sent me clothes, school supplies, and a few pairs of shoes so I want to see if we can get some money into this poor country and get some shoes on these kids’ feet. I will make sure you get a receipt for tax purposes or just for proof, that’s what your money is being used for. I’m not begging or asking for hand outs for people who don’t need it but these people do need it. I wish I could let you see first hand, live and in color just what I see every time I go outside. I can just show you with pictures what I see and what we do and how tough it is to see this everyday. I mean the mortality rate is one of the highest in the world considering this is the 3rd poorest country in the World. So if I can keep a hundred kids feet dry during the winter with $100.00 than maybe I can keep half of them from losing toes or even their feet from frostbite than maybe I’ve done some good. I’m just asking for a little help from the people who read this and haven’t helped out already. I just want to make a change for as many kids as I can, and hopefully some of you feel the same out there as I do....

50 cents = 1 pair of sandals
$1.00 = 1 pair of rain boots

Michael T. Larkin
41 BCT HHC 1-180 SECFOR
Camp Phoenix, AF
APO, AE 09320

Make Checks Payable to:
Michael Larkin or
The Afghan Children’s Fund

Thanks for your help and please remember you don’t only help out these kids but you are also helping save soldiers lives.

Task Force Phoenix

***

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Todd will be thrilled that we are getting the word out for him!!

De'on Miller said...

This is a good and easy way to help. He's a great guy, and I could tell by all his photos that he cares very deeply for the children.

The news coming from this country lends hope to my heart.