Saturday, January 20, 2007

Docs Duty: 4 clicks down the road

  1. click here for Casualties: U. S. Navy and Marine Corps Personnel Killed and Wounded in Wars, Conflicts, Terrorist Acts, and Other Hostile Incidents
  2. "My name is Ron "Doc" Ferrell, I was a Fleet Marine Force Corpsman in VietNam,from May 1966 until July of 1967. I saw duty with the 1st Battalion, 5th Marines and H&S III MAF (Chu Lai) Quang Ngai (Province) T.A.O.R. during my stay in country. If you don't like Marines, get out of my A.O.!" click here for his great site, Once a "Doc" Always a "Doc"
  3. My favorite!

...and so, right off the bat, my association with the United States Marine Corps began. A year at Marine Base, Quantico, Virginia was followed by eighteen months of training with the 2nd Marine Division at Camp Lejeune, N.C. (another Marine facility where I learned combat skills and how to sleep on the ground and eat out of little green cans, among other things). It didn't take a rocket scientist to come to the conclusion that the Navy was long gone.


I liked serving as a Marine Corpsman, and soon grew to where I preferred to wear green and not blue.


As an FMF Corpsman I can proudly claim that I was...
...Navy by record, but Marine by choice!

4. Okay, another favorite, truly, Doc, this one is good throughout: Courage, Honor, Integrity Fallujah . B.Kortegaard is the author and was a Corpsman in Korea.

No comments: