Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Steve is also a Musician ... a very talented one, at that!

THE LINKS BELOW DON'T WORK, SO NO USE TRYING, BUT I THOUGHT IF I PUT THIS UP HERE THAT MAYBE TONIGHT OR SOMETIME, STEVE COULD GET THEM TO WORK.

IT COULDN'T HURT TO ASK, COULD IT? :)


I don't know if any of you are aware of what a talented man Steve is. He's just one of those that likes to learn so many things and seems to have a drive toward perfection.

He shared the music below with me a while back, and I wanted to share it with you. He said it's okay.

Although Steve graduated from that famous Texas Longhorns University, he first accepted a music scholarship at UCLA, and in order to accept this, he had to turn down another scholarship for roping. What a guy!

Below is one of the pieces he played with the Los Angeles Philharmonic. It's the Overture from the Marriage of Figaro. It was the first of four pieces they played that night. In this, as well as the one below it, Steve has an oboe solo.


LAPhilharmonicStudentSoloist.mp3



Below is a piece from a Fall concert at UCLA that Steve has a solo in. Although Steve can play most any instrument, here he is playing the oboe. They were performing Tchaikovsky's work, and this is part of Swan Lake, the finale from Act I. It begins with his oboe solo.

UCLAFallConcert.mp3

You may have to install musicmatch to hear this, but that just takes a few minutes and is well worth it.

Enjoy. And Steve, thank you. AND STEVE, PLEASE FIX SO THAT EVERYONE CAN ENJOY THE BEAUTIFUL PIECES.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

De'on quit being a stage mother! I'll try to get those music clips on here.

The roping scholarship De'on refers to was a rodeo scholarship. I was a roper. But I decided on UCLA. I tell everybody that me being there was like Jethro in Los Angeles. Boy, did I stick out wearing boots and a cowboy hat! Oh well. Like the song says, "Let's give them something to talk about."

De'on Miller said...

Cowboy Up! And fixey fix. :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Steve, fixey fix!!!
Please!

Semper Fi Mom said...

I keep checking to see if the links are fixed yet... Come on Steve! I want to hear that music!

Oh, and what sort of roping did you do?

De'on Miller said...

I'm going to try forwarding them to yours and Flag Gazer's email and hopefully it will work that way.

It is good.