Saturday, February 10, 2007

Michael Reagan, Artist of Fallen Heroes Project

This link I'm giving you in this post was given to us, my Gold Star Moms online support group, by one of our members, Shirley, who lost her eldest grandson in May of 2004 in Iraq.

Many times she's talked about the artist, Michael Reagan, founder of the Fallen Heroes Project. He's a Vietnam vet who has given up a brilliant career to draw every face and capture every spirit of the sons, daughters, fathers, mothers, aunts, uncles, grandmothers and grandfathers of our precious fallen. He does this without charge. Though there are so many people and foundations that do these type things, after listening to this video recorded at a Rotary meeting in Seattle, I can certainly understand why he is so precious to Shirley. I'm going to contact him for myself.

This video is nearly 1/2 hour, so watch it when you're not busy. But do watch it. It will touch you deeply and it is such good news about good people in the midst of all the wicked news that the media is so full of right now.

Because of the spiritual change within this man, the rest of his life is dedicated to this project, or at least "for as long as families ask or as long as there is breath in him. [Mr. Reagan]"

This video is what I needed today. It reinforces within me the focus to give. We can never outgive the Giver, or those who've given so much for us.

I hope it blesses you as well. Click here.

My love and best to each of you who continue to give something to us here at Gunz Up.

Semper Fi,
De'on

P.S. In his speech he mentions a grandmother knitting him a blanket. That's our Shirley he's speaking of.

No comments: