Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Your Great Reward

Today's is late for this post, but it is so powerful that I want to post it anyway.

January 24

YOU pray for Faith, and you are told to do so. But I make provision in the House of My Abiding for those who turn towards Me and yet have weak knees and hearts that faint. Be not afraid. I am your God. Your Great Reward. Yours to look up and say "All is well."

I am your Guide. Do not want to see the road ahead. Go just one step at a time. I very rarely grant the long vista to My disciples, especially in personal affairs, for one step at a time is the best way to cultivate faith.

You are in unchartered waters. But the Lord of all seas is with you, the Controller of all Storms is with you. Sing with joy. You follow the Lord of Limitations, as well as the God in whose service is perfect freedom.

He, the God of the Universe, confined Himself within the narrow limits of a Baby-form and, in growing Boyhood, and young Manhood, submitted to your human limitations, and you have to learn that your vision and power, boundless as far as spiritual things are concerned, must in temporal affairs submit to limitations too.

But I am with you. It was when the disciples gave up effort after a night of fruitless fishing, that I came, and the nets brake with the over-abundance of supply.

Russell, A. J., ed. God Calling. Barnes & Noble, 2002.

No comments: