Monday, January 22, 2007

Grey Days

January 22

BE not afraid. I am your God, your Deliverer. From all evil, I will deliver you.

Never forget your "Thank You." Trust me. Fear not. Do you not see it as a lesson? You must say "Thank You" on the greyest days. You must do it. All cannot be light unless you do. There is a grey-day practice. It is absolutely necessary.

My death upon the Cross was not only necessary to save a world, it was necessary, if only to train My disciples. It was all a part of their training: My entering Jerusalem in triumph; My washing the disciples feet; My sorrow-time in Gethsemane; My being despised, judged, crucified, buried. Every step was necessary to their develpment--and so with you.

If a grey day is not one of thankfulness, the lesson has to be repeated until it is. Not to everyone is it so. But only to those who ask to serve Me well, and to do much for Me. A great work requires a great and careful training.

Russell, A. J., ed., God Calling. Barnes & Nobel, 2002.

No comments: