Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Young Weston's Eye

This is a story about my three year old nephew, Weston. Weston and Aaron did know each other, but Weston was quite too young to know what death was, just as any other three year old. When Aaron died Weston asked questions non- stop. Like " Where did Aaron go" and " Why did he have to die." People answered him " So he could be with God. " He never stopped asking. But it wasn't until a while later he blew us away with shocking words, especially me.

There is more than one of these periods of stomach dropping moments so pay attention... One day we walked outside with Weston, in our backyard. The adults were talking and Weston asked me to go to the other side of the yard with him. I think we were throwing a ball but the only part that captured my memory was when he said " Look, there is Aaron!" I asked him where and he pointed up to the sky and told me he was flying around. I kept on asking him again and again if that was what he really saw. He always said yes. There were on and off things of when he would say that he saw Aaron. One time Weston told his mother, Jes, that Aaron was floating in about about us. They did believe him and we all wondered in awe.

Later on in days my best friend Corrie came at my house. Weston and his parents came over. Weston asked if he could come in my room with Corrie and me. I said yes, which was a special occasion at the time because I never liked it when he came in my room. As usual he fished around in my stuff and I told him to stop. Corrie was sitting on my bed and I was reorganizing my things. Weston said " Hey there is Aaron," and we asked where. " Right there sitting on your bed." Corrie and I had our mouths agape and my stomache was crawling with butterflies. Then we asked Weston again if he was still there. (By the way, above my vanity was a picture of Aaron and me sitting in a chair.) Weston then told Corrie and me that Aaron flew back into the picture.

This was a very exciting moment for me. I strongly believe that young children can see a deminsion of which they can see spirits. It is an awesome thing, and those stories should be shared to spread belief, smiles, and tears. Because whoever left me that wonderful comment brought upcoming tears of joy. I do appreciate it when people share those things.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is you who brings me joy with your stories. Thank you. I know my buddy John talked to my son, and I know he's watching over all of his Marine brothers and our families. I just wish I had the childlike innocence and ability to have seen my Marine brother. Just one more time.

I'm glad your family was blessed by a similar experience and I'm glad that you took the time to share it with everyone. Thank you again.

De'on Miller said...

Yes, precious girl. Our Marine is right, and you relay it with the excitement of the 11 year old who loved and lost Aaron, and now you are maturing into a beautiful young lady blessed in dance, blessed in prose and poem, and you are an angel to me.

I know you will always be "Little Pretty" to Aaron.

Anonymous said...

Angel Pie, You are doing such an excellent job with your posts. You are an exceptional writer, and you will get better and better. There was a poem that you did called "Moonlit Hands" that I never got to read. Will you post it sometime? Love you.