Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Virgie Bell'sView: Part Two

On to the ones who are running for president or just plain popularity poll. Mayor Rudy is No. 1 on this list of 20, followed by Osama then McCain. Now their hats are in the ring for top job with Condi as fourth and good ol’ Bubba as fifth. Hillary Rodham Clinton was ninth with Sen. John Kerry last, or No 20. Mrs. Clinton will keep the Clinton name that she refused until her husband ran for president, whereas Sen. Kerry’s wife has opted out for her old name of Heinz again. I expect to see Chelsea Clinton run for president in the future. The Clintons will then become a political institution just as the Bushes and the Kennedys are. If we could all vote on the most famous soap opera, I feel it would go to these.

No news yet on whether the Rev. Sharpton will run for president. After all, he has one vote from Harvey no matter who runs. I heard Mr. Obama at the Democratic Convention proclaiming that he didn't see two Americas but only one where all are equal. When I heard Mr. Obama was the son of a goat herder (or whatever) in some Third World country, I was mighty impressed.

We are falling behind in education folks and I do mean WAY behind. Good old Willy Nelson will jump in there and support Sen. Obama, I feel certain. The editor of Time magazine said the senator was very green, and who is greener than our Willy, if you get my meaning. Oh well. All I can say is I see a bunch of candidates to vote against.

So I'll go on to my own little news. Jerry built a thing to hold our wreath on the front door. He welded a thing that will hold in a tornado. I have just one regret about it. Because he goes to bed about 7:30 p.m. or 8 p.m., which is also when I retire to do my reading, the lights on our Christmas tree and our front door wreath are turned off. So when they have the annual parade of lights, they just skip our house, and we still look like Scrooge.

We have a really nice home, a red brick that is the dividing line between the mansions and the blue collar homes. We are on the wrong side of the street, though. So if Santa Clause is hunting for me, I'm in the house that looks like the only blue collar one in the really nice part of town, the one that belongs to the family who can't pay the electric bill or doesn't celebrate Christmas, and remember I have been a good girl all year. And most of all I still ... SUPPORT OUR TROOPS.

No comments: