Sunday, November 26, 2006

Starry Night: You must read this!

I have a story to tell, but it has been known to be a secret. But I am going to type it anyways. Please know that this is a deep secret even though I have already told people.

One day I went and hung out with my cousin. Later that night we went to the country and looked at the stars. Hold on though because I know what you are thinking, and no we aren't kissing cousins because I have been told that. He is simply my older cousin and this is a story about him being my cousin and friend. So he pulled down to tailgate so we could have a sit. He told me that he had encounters with Jesus. I asked about them and he said that that was for me to find out. So he did tell me that it is for people that seek hard for their purpose in life. I had no idea what he was talking about so he told me that if I really did want it I could find it. He said your purpose in life is something you would never think of in a million years and it is shocking. As much as I hate telling his secret he had thoughts of suicide and was in the making of attempting it when Aaron's spirit came to him. This caught me off guard. It isn't everyday that you hear people seeing your dead cousin's spirit. My cousin was crying.

Now of course I don't know the exact words but this what I got. Aaron asked him what he was doing and that trying to attempt suicide was just stupid.
He told him as well about purposes of life and that his was very special ( He didn't say what it was) and that he should know it. Then he did. Of course now my cousin is shocked and doesn't know what is going on. I don't know if he asked but Aaron also told him that if you believe in God and believe that Jesus walked this earth you will not feel that pain of your death. Instead you will see a light and be able to watch yourself die. By this time I was hold my tears back as hard I could. But you will feel the pain if you don't believe. What happens then is still a mystery to me. Now to my cousin I don't know. He told me that Aaron told him that he needed to come down to us ( his family) and spend as much time with us he could. He said that why Aaron has talked to him, besides the fact of his attempt to suicide, was unknown to him. He said God and his ways are so very, very, very mysterious and that is story was only a grain of sand compared to all about God.

This story has changed me in ways that my family wouldn't even really know. I hope it some how affects you in a marvelous way and that it helps you believe a lot more. Don't ask me if it is true because I do not know. All I can say is that the look on his face was something that you wouldn't normally see on a liar's, and the way his voice sounded was anything of a liar's. And even though you can't explain, most the time you just know and feel what is the truth. I guess this no longer a secret but a strong story. I hope that he would never get mad at me for telling this because I could tell this needed to be a secret but show respect towards it. It still is deep in my heart's core.

3 comments:

De'on Miller said...

Oh, Kayla. Your narrative touches me deeply. One person's "secret" may be another's hope.

Thank you for sharing this Kayla. I think your cousin would understand. And I know Aaron is with us.

I love you so much,
Auntie

Anonymous said...

Angel Pie you are so very deep and also very caring of others..thank you for sharing this beautiful story.. Your poem is also lovely.but really quite hard so I wish you would do one with that beautiful imagination...one that has marshmellow clouds...one that even people yourer than you can understand.How about one of Santa Clause for little Weston and share that with us..Just a thought by your Granny

Anonymous said...

This story ... wow. I believe it happened, and I'll tell you why. I lost one of my best buds in Iraq almost two years ago. I saw him die and I thought of me died that day too. After I got out of the Marines I was home one day and my three year old son was looking at some pictures of me and the Marines I served with. I hadn't looked at the pictures in a long time and my son had never seen them. My wife had put the pictures in an album for me and told me they would be ready for me to look at when I was ready. I thought that might be a long time. My son and I were flipping through the pictures and when we got to the first picture of my buddy my son said there's Uncle John. I looked at him and said what? He pointed at the picture and said that's Uncle John. My son had never met John and had never seen a picture of him. I said how do you know his name is John? He said sometimes Uncle John was in the backyard and played with him. I was scared when he said that and I asked him when did that happen. My son it happened a long time ago but Uncle John told him he was like a brother to his dad and that's why he called him Uncle John. I was confused and asked him more questions in a way that wouldn't scare him even though my eyes were as big as plates. I asked him how long ago did he see Uncle John. He said a long time. I don't know how long that is for a little boy but he said Uncle John doesn't come anymore that he told him that he was going away now but he would always be watching over him and the rest of us. My son said all of this in a matter of fact way like it was nothing. A little boy like couldn't make it up and there's no way he would have known John's name. I know that John talked to him and I know he's watching over us and our other Marine brothers. I don't care what anyone says. I believe my son.