Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Virgie Bell's View

Here is my advice to the party who will no longer be in power; lean back and enjoy what’s in store for the coming two years.

After reading the editorial in my newspaper, I see that Prissy Pelosi is making so many wrong choices in those she is choosing for her majority party. If there is a “Most Wanted” poster up in our Capitol, the images surely reflect the choices of her party, which is nearly having a late term abortion ... but she just keeps on keeping on.

I finally understand how those Chicks From Dixie feel, and just so you all know, I am embarrassed that Pelosi is a woman. Sure doesn’t do much for future women Presidents, if you know what I mean.

Now, we all know that bad news is what sells ... so we still have Harry Reid's little “two million dollar forgot to report land deal” to look forward to. Old Harry's explanation was "I bought some land and sold some land. End of story.” WANT TO BET? Between a war zone and some good old juicy tidbit here in the USA, we'll take the gossip every time ... We will also look into the facts behind those two college degrees perched beside Charlie Rangel's name. Could it be they were given as an honor instead of earned? Is this high school drop out as brilliant as that?

Johnny Carson laughingly remarked one time that the best thing for talk show hosts as far as Jimmy Carter was concerned, was the President's ever entertaining brother. How about it? Any other Brother Billy’s out there? We need to wrap our minds around this trouble with Iran. You know, just like before, when the Canadians had to come to our rescue and save our captured on American soil, namely our embassy in Iran? Jimmy Carter really did win his peace award. Nothing but nothing would make him go to war. I noticed he never does much about anything anymore. I still resent President Carter for selling the yacht that belonged to the people of the USA, even though I never gave it much thought until he sold it. I realize everything must go in order to reduce government waste, but the people’s yacht? I guess we should be glad he didn't sell the White House.

If you have a secret, rest assured we will find it out. Actually, we will believe just about anything. In this last election I voted “no” on an extra tax increase for low income houses. I have decided that some of this is just more pork and needs some oversight by its voters ... I really felt mean about it, but in just a few days, I found out that two of our government officials with annual incomes of over $100,000 and $73,000 were living in these houses. And rent free for a long time! One even was able to graze her horses, but here’s the real clincher: now that she has been caught, she’s trying to bargain future rents down. I guess if $73,000 is low income, that means Jerry and I qualify for food stamps. Just a little dig about how you don’t have to go to college to be dumb, and sometimes you get to be like Charlie Rangel — you get to govern.

SUPPORT OUT TROOPS

5 comments:

De'on Miller said...

I voted yes on this one and on the library...but Greg cancelled my vote. I think of Dad's apartment building, how well kept the grounds and apartments are...It's a shame our senior citizens are punished b/c of abuse or as you say, "pork" that hurts the majority because of the few.

Anonymous said...

The few is destroying this country and are ripping our moral fabric apart. I can only shake my head in disbelief. I honestly belief too many people hate the POTUS more than they love this country...

I'm holding out hope they shoot themselves in the foot over the next couple of years. The Republicans will look like hero's before it's all said and done. I hope our conservative leadership has learned a valuable lesson and returns to it's conservative grass roots.

Anonymous said...

De'on...El puke-o love MOM

De'on Miller said...

Mom, that wasn't me. That is Gunz who is political like you. I wasn't trying to have a political discussion with you, I wouldn't dare.

Anonymous said...

De'on,
Don't you know better than to talk while the grownups are talking?!! Hehe!