Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Virgie Bell's View: Part One

Have you noticed how often we get a view of those who are famous just for being famous? Two in particular have struck me. I'm speaking, of course, of the Rev. Al Sharpton and Paris Hilton. I believe you could have a pro ‘Love your Mother’ group and rally for the cause and you would immediately see the reverend with his group of protesters screaming it was racist, and no, I don't mean this in reference to that dude who used to be on Seinfeld. What I am referring to is the shooting at the club in New York that is most famous for drugs and prostitution. I first heard of that when it was three black police officers and two white officers involved, one of whom was an unarmed undercover cop.

Well of course all of life is a stage show anymore, and I tried to get my mind around the fact that there were three black officers and one white, and how on earth did this constitute racial? I mean did that one white officer fire all of those 50 shots? Are we now allowing our officers of the law to carry Uzis instead of side arms? For it to be racial we would need stretch limos to carry more than four policemen to have a white majority in the shooting. Well anyway, all the officers have been suspended, which I agree has to be done, but it seems it goes before the grand jury which is alright with me, too, except for the fact of this being a racial crime of blacks on blacks. Now that is what I have trouble getting my mind around.

I found out the title of reverend is an honor granted to Mr. Sharpton by Mr. Sharpton. In the past this pillar of society was an actor and not a very famous one at that. All I can remember about his past is the Tywana Brawley incident. Of course we all remember where she was dumped in a garbage dumpster and his own party got the blame. It got nearly as much coverage as the Democratic Convention. I was a member in good standing of that party and really hated it, too, that the scandal received any attention. It turns out that Mr. Sharpton and his loyal followers were the ones who committed the dastardly deed. I saw him in the last presidential campaign. The young lady had been smeared with fecal matter using racial slurs, but here the reverend was was running for president of the USA. Boggles the mind, doesn't it?

Of course if it is not sex with whomever for our famous Ms. Hilton, it’s who her next girl friend is. I love to keep up with the best friends of the nearly famous. If you missed it today her best friend is Britney Spears. Last week it was Nicole Richey. Ms. Hilton has as much trouble keeping best friends as Britney does husbands, and I am so glad that this information is right up there with the War on Terror. Grrrr.

No comments: