Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Just A Note

It does me so much good to come here. Not to read my words, but to read Mom's, Kayla's, Steve's, and lately, the comments! I can't tell you what these do for us as writers. Feedback is important to everyone. I knew we had the readers because of the numbers, but it does the heart good to hear from you. I didn't put the counter up for a while, because I didn't want to get into a "numbers" thing, and then later, I thought, no, I want to know. Thank you readers. And thank you commentors.

At this point, I want to remind you about the submissions we ask for. Just send them to my email and put something in the subject area that clues me that you'd like to see it up. And if there's any of you who would like to be a regular contributer, please email me. We don't have rules really, so far, it's all pretty much worked. I think we're all wanting to attain the same goals, and it's okay to disagree and debate here. We just ask that it's respectful and in no way disrespectful to those in uniform or in grief of any form. We want this to be a place of freedom, encouragement, and a place to share concern or grief. Whether we like it or not, or agree or not, we are after all, in this together.

Steve will be here this evening. I'm picking up dog poo and other tedious chores--keeping me away from where I want to be, which is here. Writing and reading. Greg is off today and said he'd help me clean house. When I told Steve, he laughed and said, "Why didn't you tell him you'd just set there and look cute while he worked?" I told Steve that it'd been so long since I looked cute, it'd probably be easier to just get up and dust at this point!

I took about three mini-naps yesterday and each time I'd wake up, I'd dip into the french burnt peanuts and M&M's. The deepest thing I reflected on is why the blue and red ones taste so much better than the orange and yellow. I never got it figured out, but did catch up on some rest.

So, now I'm going to get up from here and go dust and clean bathrooms, but I can't wait to get back to my real work.

Have a great day, and one of us will be back tonight. Maybe even Greg!

Gunz, I love you being here and wish you'd do some stuff for us. Gunz and his love, Ebyjo, have the coolest site. You actually hear two rounds pop off on Freedom, GUNZ, Glory, and EBYJO when you first enter in. He has the coolest pictures and he's a Marine veteran from Desert Storm. Ebyjo is a secondary mathematics teacher, and where was she when I was so stuck in College Algebra? ;)

Love to all, especially our troops! Mushrooms, are you out there or in the thick of it all again?

Harrell, still waiting to hear from you and Diana. Let us know you're okay if at all possible.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Now reflecting on the color and taste of M&M's is pretty deep stuff De'on. I'll never eat them the same way again, I'll try to figure out the answer to that thought the next time I eat some and get back with you on it... LOL! You're awesome. :)

Appreciate the plug; we just post at will and don't aim when we shoot. So you never know what will be posted over there. One things for sure we love our country as you do and throw all political correctness out the window.

Well I'm in a state of recovery after being layed up for a few. I may ask permission some time in the very near future to contribute something(s).

All of you do a wonderful job here and I'm glad you're getting quite a few viewers. It's great pro American material that is enjoyable and at times sad, but in a good way to read. War is hell...

That comment delete was mine: I forgot to proof read first. :P

Anonymous said...

I've been away from the site for a couple of days now, but I wanted to let you know De'on, Greg, Steve, Virgie and Harvey, just how much I thank you for coming to our home for Thanksgiving. The pictures you posted are awesome, and you all coming made it one of the best Thanksgivings ever. I hope you enjoyed it half as much as I did! We all have so much to be thankful for. I love you all!

Ebyjo said...

De'on-I am OCD at a few things. Numbers is one of them, so being a math teacher helps me hide it so much. But I have to have the same amount of food on each side of my mouth. M&M's are really difficult...I have to have the same color and same amount on each side of my mouth, or I can't eat them. LOL...Yea I am weird.

I would have helped you with Algebra...I love it!

De'on Miller said...

Karen, the pleasure was ours! It was good to be there!

I'm OCD too. I like it. I wish everybody was! And I remembered reading about the algebra defect. LOL :)

Gunz, you are precious, as usual.

De'on Miller said...

And I would love to have you send anything!

Anonymous said...

My only problem with the M&Ms is how many can I stuff in my mouth at one time. I don't care if it's an odd or even number -- as long as it's a lot! I'm just grateful M&Ms are a food group.