Thursday, November 30, 2006

Virgie Bell's View

I didn't receive my Albuquerque paper this morning. My newspapers and coffee are essential to getting my day started. By the time I've read my papers and am usually in or out of a snit, I’m ready to read Gunz Up, something De'on holds dear to her heart. So without my paper, I'll turn to my Time magazine.

For conservatives, this magazine is a NO, but that liberal magazine and I go back for so many years. I am, after all, a creature of habit. Oh, I've threatened numerous times to quit reading Time, but I do enjoy columns by many of their contributors. I also enjoy the editor’s column, however misguided he may be.

I used to take Vanity Fair but stopped my subscription when they published the pictures of our troops’ final return in flag-draped coffins. I may have to resubscribe if Christopher Hitchens is a regular, as he keeps popping up in headlines. The catch phrase that caught my attention was that his political party choice is known only to him, but back to my Time magazine and their 10 weekly questions posed to someone who captures the readers’ imagination.

Well, a couple of weeks have passed since I read the quotes by Emilio Estevez. He’s the one playing the role of Bobby in the “looks to be a winner film” by the same name. About the Kennedy story: Will someone tell me what is meant by the phrase “This is where the music died.” I'm not trying to be coy. I really would like to know since I’m certain Emilio is an expert on all things Kennedy since he’s read all of the books about this famous family. It pains me to be stumped on this music thing.

Having been in the world of “you with ears and hear not” from my Bible, pearls of wisdom from the Hollywood set continue to enthrall me. I see that new best friends Paris and Britney are running around without panties. It warms my heart in a way. I have been worried that when the Material Girl is finally no longer able to invent herself anew and is six feet under, when she, too, becomes just a Hollywood Legend and literary whiz for children’s books and when Madonna is only a distant dream, who will take her place? Well wouldn't you know. It’s her “French kiss on the stage partner,” Britney.

I see in this week’s Time that Al Gore is the recipient of the 10 question piece. He is another clueless, just as John Kerry is. Please Democratic party, calm these two down. Al lost me when he gave Tipper the passionate kiss at the Convention. His demeanor has been compared to the exciting activity of watching paint dry. I say he’s wrong about global warming. However, I think if we give Iran a chance, they will warm our part of the globe instantly. Why am I surprised that John Kerry is addressing the Iraqi think tank members? He is like a wind up doll that is powered by the Energizer Bunny. He just keeps going and going. Oh, well. I think I’ll go watch the news today.

SUPPORT THE TROOPS

3 comments:

De'on Miller said...

Mom,

Gunz Up is dear to my heart and I'm so glad you've joined us! Your take on politics and Hollyweird are always refreshing and/or passionate.

I love you! Do you have your Desert Beige dishes yet?

Anonymous said...

Mom speaking of the paper. On my way to work I looked to see if the newspapers were there so I could put them by your door. But no just the beautiful snow layed there. Alb. must not been able reach here. All kinds of accidents on the freeways A beautiful comment made from my grandson about the snow. His mom woke him up yesterday and told Weston (my grandson) to look out the window. He is four years old and hasn't seen snow. He turned to his mom and said, "Is it Christmas?" Isn't that warming to your heart.

De'on Miller said...

It warms my heart. He is so beautiful. His Nomi misses him. Is he well enough to be around me yet?

Maybe it will snow on Christmas for him.