Friday, November 24, 2006

Virgie Bells' View

What on earth is wrong with Allen Combs lately? I mean, I know that Shawn Hannity has always been a pop-off kind of guy, but he has always had a twinkle in his eyes and a suppressed grin at the time of popping off. But Allen Combs seems to be seething with rage when anyone dares to have something bad to say about O.J. or Cindy Sheehan, and he was down right hateful to Mark Furman on the subject of whether Mr. Furman contributed to the verdict of innocence in O.J. Simpson’s criminal trail.

I watched all of the trial, and I have news for Allen Combs -- that trial was not about the murder of two innocent people but about O.J. being guilty of divorcing a black woman and marrying a white blond woman. It was just that, and the jury felt he had learned his lesson and repented. Anyone who thinks differently is sadly mistaken. Mr. Furman, to his credit, refused to even reply to Combs, and I don't blame him.

I read every book published about that trial with the exception of "I Want to Tell You" by O.J. and "A Life Interrupted " by Faye Resnick who was after her own 15 minutes of fame. I saw Allen Combs tear into both of the authors of "American Mourning" which I finished last night. Allen found them in his own word “despicable” just as he used the same manner of speech with Mr. Furman.

He really needs to lighten up over Cindy Sheehan and her desire to become the one Gold Star mother to profit financially over this war. Her remark was "This is a society that is paid for its work, and I have bills to pay like anyone else."

She had one meeting with Bush but desired more coverage, and her remark about Hurricane Katrina’s victim coverage that drew attention away from her campaign in Washington to confront the president was, "A little wind, a little rain ... There are things going on in other parts of the USA needing coverage."

Translation: “HEY I AM STILL PROTESTING.” Duh. Even Hanoi Jane cancelled her bus trip to protest the war because she said "Cindy had it covered, and I carry too much baggage." Well, yes, Jane, but your baggage is at least more pleasant to the eye than Ms. Sheehan's will ever be, and she is absolutely rabid in her delivery.

I was going to do an in-depth report on “American Mourning” but will only hit the highlights, for everyone needs to read this story of two families and their opposite reactions to the losing a son in Iraq. The book goes in depth about Cindy using crosses with the names of the other heroes in Crawford, Texas. Well, I never told De'on but I fired off an e-mail to Bill O’Riley about the same thing and Sheehan using Aaron’s name on one of those crosses, but I will be first to admit mine was about the legality of such a despicable act -- to use Allen Combs favorite word -- and I never heard back. I didn't make much of a fuss then because I was so afraid I might lose De'on when we all suffered so much over Aaron.


I have developed great respect for Mark Furman after the O.J. trial, as he has become a respected writer and is used as an expert in criminal analysis on talk shows. He has gone on with his life and probably making more money than he could ever hope to see as a detective, but in his heart of hearts I think he misses his old life as an officer of the law.

Law enforcement has the same adrenaline rush that soldiers seem to thrive on. I really do try to see both sides of an issue in this war on terror. Otherwise, I wouldn't still subscribe and read Time magazine, for it is geared to the liberal agenda. I'm glad Trent Lott is back as the minority leader in the Senate. I didn't feel the same toward Dennis Hastert as I did Mr. Lott. Just a personality thing that I found myself unable to overcome.

My gosh, I cannot for the life of me believe Harvey (editor’s note: Harvey is De’on’s dad and Virgie’s ex-husband) was going to vote for Al Sharpton for president, and I cannot believe Bill and Melinda Gates have nominated Jimmy Carter as Time’s "Man Of The Year." Go figure. But no matter what -- SUPPORT OUR TROOPS.

No comments: