Sunday, November 19, 2006

Virgie Bell's View: Part One

Well, yesterday, I wrote a lot about the most famous murderer among us. If you are not one of the inquiring minds who want to know, then this is for the clueless. Of course, The Tiny Minds Sect, (and, I have come to the conclusion they are a vast sector of our population) are also those with buying power, and God forbid we withhold something that might make a buck--so anyway--remember when I slammed Nutra-System for pandering to the anorexic? Encouraging this barbaric practice of starvation?

Well, the very next day it was announced that a top model, I don’t recall her name, as I don't keep up with that part of our population, starved herself to death.

I remember when Karen Carpenter did the same thing; what a waste, she had one of the most beautiful and melodious voices, was at the top of a career with absolutely no limits, and she starved herself.

Barbra could join Nutra-System and I would be alright with that. Instead, we have Nicole Richey running around looking like a plucked chicken with clothes and giant sunshades (because someone is always stealing her boyfriend away from her), inducing starvation to the point of believing that some prince will surely come, a-la-whatever her name is, it's just ridiculous ... and Harrison Ford ... I haven't watched a sitcom in twenty or thirty years, so I am certainly lacking in the names department here:until they starve themselves, or kill their most cherished, then, then they are in my world.

O J the exception. That murderous slime of the earth will not receive one moment of my time nor one penny from my pocket.

Did you know that this circus of a trial is a defining moment in literary history? In all my murder mysteries, just as 9/11 defines my historical and war stories, and comedy like Kitty Kelly's book, Royalty, and all things Hollywood ... I will mention this last quote by Lindsey Lohan, who wants to tour for our troops. When asked by reporters what she was doing to prepare herself for said tour, she replied, “My bodyguard is teaching me to shoot a gun… .”

One would assume said gun to be a pistol, unless her bodyguard is of the rapper persuasion, then it might be an Uzi…see what I mean about tiny minds?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been reading Gunz Up for a few weeks now, and I've enjoyed it. But I have to say that I don't understand this new thing with Virgie Bell. They are so hard to follow. I'm not trying to be mean. Please don't think that. I just don't understand what she's trying to say most of the time. It's confusing.

De'on Miller said...

Welcome to Our World.

Virgie is my Mom. She has several things her mind rests on each and every day of her life..., namely politics and of course our troops. Besides that, reading and writing have always been great loves of hers.

Well, sharks, too. The state of Israel, and Hollywood.

She watches FOX news relentlessly. Jerry has to go to another room to watch a football game.

She is also writing to her family that lives several hours from us, and due to health and age, travel is rarely sought.

Some of my family members have never been to Aaron's grave,( Mom and Dad were both ill when he was killed, and in fact, they hid newspapers and remote control from her until I could get to her at the hospital in Lubbock two days after the fact.)

Aaron is buried in Amarillo--4 hours from us. So photos are all some of my family have of his resting place. Aaron is buried near his dad, Doug, who visits Aaron's grave every Sunday.

So, a lot of times, you may wonder where photos or thoughts come from. Sometimes they're for Marines I know, and others for family that I rarely see (it's a modern day letter/scrapbook at times).

I never know who or when as far as reading the blog is, but I know they do, and I usually try to give a heads up to those I know when I'm going to run something special for them.

My mom writes like she talks. Her thoughts run to and fro as fast as they did when we were all young.

I tagged her Virgie "Bell" because that's her middle name--she was named after both her grandmother's and MY grandmother (her mom) always used their middle names (with an exclamation mark!!), except for Uncle Mickey, who was the eldest and was known as Mickey... Bless His Heart" which basically made the others ill :)!!(there are 4 kids all together) and Uncle Mickey passed while I was in Panama in 1989-1992 from cancer.

His daughter, Tonya, an only child herself, a Princess as it were, suffered from breast cancer 12-13 years ago...that's where the pink came in. Allie, who is Tonya's younger of 2 daughters, recently had melanoma removed from her knee.

Allie was also Aaron's date for the 2003 Marine Ball. Yes, we made him take his cousin so that we could all go to California and see him.

Allie is married now and will soon graduate from Texas Tech.

Bennie, or Bennie Lee, is 18 months younger than my Mom, who is 71. Mickey was 18 months older than Mom, so the three stairsteps have quite a history together, and then another Princess was born: Linda Gay came 9 years later and is the colorful lib in our family.

Linda Dale is Bennie's wife. Jerry is Mom's husband.

Kayla is my niece, mom's only grandaughter, and Kayla will be joining us as a writer within a day or so. Kayla De'on (she's my namesake, too) writes poetry. She's also a ballerina, in toe shoes already 2 yrs. now. She does ballet twice a week and is really talented. Kayla, who my son called "Little Pretty" danced at both Aaron's Welcome Home Party from OIF 1 and then after we lost him, she danced at his memorial here in Lovington. Both times she danced to Mariah Carey's HERO.

Zach is my sister, Lisa's son, who is 14 years older than Kayla. My sister had 2 ONLY children...and raised them as such!! Jess is Zach's wife and Weston is their 4 year old son.

Uncle Lonnie is the elder of two brothers of MeMa's. (Mom's Mom who passed in 89. Aunt Pearlie was MeMa's sister.

Uncle Bennie and Uncle Lonnie are both Marines. Uncle Lonnie is a retired LT Col and fought in battles I'm trying to work my way back to covering. WWII.

Uncle Bennie was in during the early fifties and was in Signal in Japan. He has 2 sons, and Shea is a Marine also, but I don't have pictures of him...

DON'T WORRY if you feel confused, just enjoy her rambling if you want. She's quite brilliant in a unique and eccentric way.

We too, as her family, have NEVER been able to keep up with Virgie Bell...we just enjoy the ride.

We live in the same town, and last night is the first I've seen her new pink appliances, which were bought to support the Breast Cancer Foundation--for Tonya.

Also, Mom's mostly deaf, but reads many hours per day... My son and her 2 other grandchildren call Mom "Granny"

My brother (a prince baby, the last Grigsby in our entire family tree) is named Gary and his precious wife is Karen. Their 2 dogs are their children.

I'm glad you commented and asked.
I really should do better at explaining, but half the time, I'm lost too....but I do have 52 years of experience in listening to her!!! :)

I hope you come back. maybe print this for future reference!!

We want it to be a family thing, but not just for our family. We want it to be for families who've lost someone to our war, and to those troops who so rarely get to visit the site anymore, but do pop up every once in a while.


It's U. S. FAMILIES DURING WAR.

Anonymous said...

Okay. Now I understand! Come to think of it. I have a couple of Virgie Bells in my family too!!

De'on Miller said...

Does any family miss having one? She's your best friend or worst enemy...

I'm so glad you came back! Andthe Virgie's keep things going!