Sunday, November 19, 2006

Virgie Bell's View: Part Two

Well, I'm pretty far behind in the political and war sector, as we are still on Pelosi and giddiness. Oh, I do notice John Kerry is on the talk show circuit again. Steve, if I was you, I would have my party of choice gag that bird. I forgot that the most prolific among us haven't a clue, and are running for seats in congress or the senate sector. Can anyone believe this? Kerry Ketchup ran for President, yet, George Bush is called dense, or our military is, or whatever he said or meant….

I am probably one of Time magazine’s longest subscribers, and get this; they have a new piece called, What They Meant, adjacent to their column Verbatim. I’m glad too. It is all so confusing.…

Okay, the mystery I'm reading is pretty good. The author is a she, but I cannot remember her name. I know by her style, I've indulged in her literature previously … she is super quick and has numerous mini-stories going at once, so after this one, I'll keep up with her name. I’ll buy her books, for she is worth it. The title of her book is The Last Victim. And the one I thought was the antagonist is a victim already. However, he’s not eliminated completely, only wounded, so I think he is still one of the bad guys.

The plot is typical of its genre, with the crazy old aunt, wheelchair bound (in the mansion’s attic, of course). Inheritance of mass proportion has been left by an old skin … a flint who found out he couldn't take it with him and had to go anyway—so, he does the next best thing, and leaves it to the beautiful niece—cuts out the crazies of profound extremes: those who’ve already lived forever on the old geezer’s millions.

If you are into these cookie-cutter plots, this book’s for you, and then again, you could read Royalty, for it is essentially the same thing. If you read as much as me, you bear comparable repetiton, or experience a long dry spell.

Anyway, on to holiday preparations….

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your preparations were marvelous. You did awesome. Jerry's cooking superb. We thank you so much for the Thanksgiving supper. In His Hands. Lisa

De'on Miller said...

I ate too much and feel as big as your pink mixer!

Just kidding...I don't feel big...everybody quit freaking out on me.