Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Virgie Bell's View: Part Two

Now, on to politics, as usual . . . Charlie Rangel wants to reestablish the draft and the first reason he gave was that if the congress and other rich rulers had children that might go into combat, then those same elite would not be so anxious to go to war.

I would hope he’s wrong. I would hope that this prominent sector of our society realized, they too, had their country attacked on 9/11, and no matter what, I'd hope they would vote for war. But then Rangel’s next published reason was that countries like Iran and N Korea are a real and dangerous threat … and no matter what it takes to have enough in our military to defend our country, then we have to take whatever steps necessary, to keep ourselves safe.

I noticed his party is against this, but I admit, I can see his reasoning and agree. I realize that this would be hard, but I also know there are only two sides to a war--winners and losers. I want to win, as you have noticed, and since I have already lost one of the most beautiful and glowing people God ever put on this earth, my beloved Aaron, then yes, I have a right to a voice. I also hope that we never have to use our nuclear weapons, but if with our dying breath we have to, then I accept that.

Further--

Can anyone believe that John Kerry is really considering another run for President in 08? From his mouth to God’s ear, Kerry said that everyone had made the same misspoken or botched joke as he had and would understand ...well, here’s a news flash for him ... we do not elect them as President. Remember when Ted Kennedy made his bid for the highest office of our land, after his accident? As far as his bid went, he got thumbs down in a hurry. If I was Kerry I would just be content to live off of my very rich wife and give my politics a rest.

No comments: