Sunday, February 25, 2007

Communication

We missed yesterday's God Calling because Blogger had some problems and by the time they got it together, I was too tired to sensibly post anything. I feel they're especially important right now.

Some of you know that this little book is a way Steve and I tried to "stay on the same sheet of music" while he was in Iraq. This little book is powerful. I truly believe it is God's Word for these Two Listeners and for Steve and I as well. It's been one for me and my sister, for me and many friends. I've given away copy after copy. Friends of mine have the copies I wrote small memos and messages in while Aaron was at war.

A wordy way of saying I'm about to post two days of God Calling.

+++

Learn of Me
September 24

Lord, to whom shall we go? Thou hast the words of Eternal Life.--John vi. 68.

LEARN of no one but Me. Teachers are to point the way to Me. After that you must accept Me, the Great Teacher.

The words of Eternal Life are all the words controlling your being, even controlling your temporal life. Take these too from Me. Have no fear. Abide in Me and accept My ruling.

Be full of gratitude. Wing up your prayers on Praise to Heaven. Take all that happens as My planning. All is well. I have all prepared in My Love.

+++

Come and Stay
September 25

Come unto Me all ye that labour and are heavy laden and I will give you rest.--Matt. xi. 28

YES, come for rest. But stay for rest, too. Stop all feverish haste and be calm and untroubled. Come unto Me, not only for petitions to be granted but for nearness to Me.

Be sure of My Help, be conscious of My Presence, and wait until My Rest fills your soul.

Rest knows no fear. Rest knows no want. Rest is strong, sure. The rest of soft glades and peacefully flowing rivers, of strong, immovable hills. Rest, and all you need to gain this rest is to come to Me. So come.

Russell, A. J., ed., God Calling. Barnes & Noble, 2002.


It's clear to me now that I was in the wrong month. BTW, all of Steve's and my communication problems were HIS fault!

I will take this as God's message for us today. It works for me.

No comments: