Monday, December 04, 2006

Virgie Bell's View

First of all let me express my strong opinion regarding the lead story on every channel and in the newspapers which is, of course, the ever-entertaining Ms. Spears, who is now entertaining us with the view of her now famous crotch. Seems this is a new and even bolder display among the ever delightful threesome: Lindsey Lohan, Paris Hilton and our darling Britney. Please, girls, put on your panties, and stop flashing your overused and much abused whoo whoo. It makes one long for Roseanne and Tom Arnold. I read that white trash everywhere are insulted by this behavior.

Mel Gibson's new movie is lagging behind and getting bad reviews. It seems he may have to content himself with owning Malibu, which is his claim. Now having never watched "The View" I cannot understand what Danny Devito was trying to say. Even with that going on, I got a profile shot of Barbara Walters, and she looks bad. Well not bad, but she really should get off that show. This is a famous newswoman. I remember her setting down in a tent with Kadaffi at the height of his power. Now she is reduced to this -- the useless "No Longer Queen of Nice" holding Danny Devito on her lap show. It is time to retire, or else when all else fails to attract attention, you could flash.
Well I finally read the 10 answers from Al Gore in Time magazine. Most of his answers were in showspeak. Something about his paw print in front of Grumman's Chinese Theater in the tradition of Rin Tin Tin. This is as over my head as when Emilio Estevez and the day the music stops remark. WHAT MUSIC? It sounds poetic but makes no sense at all.

The Democratic party got kind of embarrassing to me when it went so Hollywood in the last Clinton era. I would have loved for there to have been less junk food and movie reviews going on, but then as you know, Idon'tt understand showspeak.

On to the hard news about Al Gore's solution to the great disaster of global warming, and the good news is Barbara Boxer will see to it now as the Democrats are in power. Well goody. The editorials were full of advice for the War On Terror which comes in second place to Britney.

There is another civil rights and racist violation brewing over the women of Islam taking over our planes and screaming prayers to Allah and women refusing to cover their breasts while nursing. I would have covered my breast anyway, but then I am old fashioned in that way. As far as the prayers to Allah by the ones who also shout death to America, I would have been off that plane so fast that it would have made your head swim. Please let us get serious, and I do mean please. We have our military on the ground all over this world putting their lives on the line, and this is thdribbleel that captures our attention. It really would be funny, if only it wasn't so very, very sad.

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Virgie Bell,
The only reference I know of to "the day the music died" is from Don McLean's song "American Pie." The song is a tribute to Buddy Holly, and part of it says "but something touched me deep inside, the day the music died."

The song is talking about Buddy Holly's death and its affect on rock and roll. Most people say "Amreican Pie" is McLean's reference to rock and roll.