Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Virgie Bell's View

Well just guess who Pelosi threw her weight behind in congress today for some top job…Dah Dum... John Murtha that’s who ...sure they will all work together for the good of the country. None other than good old John...who said our troops kill innocent Iraqis in cold blood...Get ready for the trip home troops. You are on your way.

I am glad that Timothy McVeigh is dead or he could win president and then he could choose John Kerry for his vice president…Way to go Pelosi fans...Now every one can start saving up spit to throw at our troops ‘cause that’s where it's headed.

I am soooo glad Pelosi isn't there because of my vote...I'm still ashamed that I helped Bubba in so we could help Kim Jong Ill get his atomic weapons going with my tax dollars…


Yet...

Good news is that Fidel Castro may be on his way out…I remember him from when he was on the news when we lived in Odessa, TX. Saw Helen Thomas from White House press conference as I walked through and I still say she is the perfect person to play Cindy Sheehan in the movie about Cindy Sheehan. Can you believe it…a movie about her? I can hardly wait...My world has gone crazy.


I was stunned yesterday when a lawyer said New York is passing a law that enables transvestites to vote as a woman because they are on this planet in the wrong gender. So anyway did God make a mistake or what and I wonder is that in Charlie Rangel’s district or in Hillary's or in all of N Y ??

I'm so glad we are getting these things that are so earth shattering taken care of...I've been in jeans to vote for years…Blah

Anyway, who does everyone else vote for Cindy’s part in the movie? Susan Sarandon has been picked for the part but maybe Barbra can play her in her younger days...let’s live a little troops-- who do you vote to play Cindy?

I'm sure we will see her and hear her at the Democratic Convention...after all, she is John Kerry's secret weapon for his next run for president...If a democrat gets in which according to last night’s polls is a sure thing. I hope Bill Richardson gets the nomination and I am serious about that. He came to Aaron’s Memorial and presented De'on with the New Mexico flag...did two good things right there; to be very honest he is one smart man and has done alright with N M …


SUPPORT OUR TROOPS.

2 comments:

De'on Miller said...

My Mother....it's been a colorful 51 years with her so far! :)

Anonymous said...

I e-mailed De'on yesterday, and she thought that my ramblings would make a good comment for Virgie's thoughts. Well, I'm no Virgie! but here goes:

I've read that Sen. Levin is calling for troop reductions within four to six months. It looks like he's going to be
chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee. A powerful
position. I stand by the president when he says that's not an option
until our job is done there.

You know how this talk makes me feel? It brings to mind the most
well-known case of appeasement that failed miserably -- the
appeasement of Adolf Hitler by British Prime Minister Neville
Chamberlain's government in the late 1930s -- the Munich Agreement.

The British and French handed over Czechoslovakia to Hitler, and it
was done without consulting the Czechs. As the Czechs later said,
"It was about us, without us."

Bush has blundered, but I agree with him when he says that the
Democrats don't understand the serverity of the terrorists' threats to our existence. Here's how I feel about Iraq, De'on, and please be patient with my opinions.

We invaded a country that had not threatened us. Most of the 9/11
terrorists were from Saudi Arabia. Saddam is an evil man, and he
subjected his people to horrors, but we can name a dozen dictators
who have done and are doing the same. We didn't get involved in the Rwandan civil war that led to genocide. I think I told you that I interviewed a pastor who was wanted in Rwanda for war crimes. We took it upon ourselves to "free" the Iraqi people, saying they would welcome us as liberators. Their opinion of us as liberators was conservative (I don't mean politically. I mean few saw us that way). The few who thought that didn't hold on to that belief for long. As we stumbled along politically and militarily, the insurgents siezed the opportunity to defy us. They gained strength because of the mistakes we made. The Army was involved in these huge sweeps where they would arrest large numbers of people and send them to prisons to be interrogated. It was discovered that 90 percent of the people arrested weren't involved in the insurgency and had no knowledge of it. But guess what happened? Those people would be so angry at the treatment they received by the Americans that they joined the insurgency. Our mistakes kept boosting the insurgent's ranks. Anway, this part of my opinions (and that's all they are, just opinions!!) is complex, so I'll save it for when we can talk in person.

What I want to say is that we've created a mess in Iraq, and we
still talk about what we're going to do there without including the Iraqis in the talk. At least that's what the Democrats are doing

now. With Sen. Levin calling for almost immediate troop withdrawal, he's committing a blunder that will plunge Iraq into all-out civil war. And he and other Democrats are doing this without talking to the Iraqis. They need to get over here and see the situation and talk to the people. No, they sit in D.C. and make decisions that will have global consequences.

I want the men and women home, too, but we have a responsibility here. Why are we treating Iraq like this? We did it in 2003, and we're still doing it. We invaded this country, telling the world that we know what's best for them. In the process, we've created a hell for the Iraqi people, and now the Democrats are talking about just taking our toys and going home. Oh my gosh. Are they insane? So, we came over here, stirred up the pot, and now that we don't like the mess we've created, we're going home?!! How unbelievably stupid. We can't leave Iraq now. It would be luncacy to do so.

Troop withdrawal might make many voters happy right now, but what are those voters going to say when the insurgents have control of Iraq and all that oil money, and they have weapons that threaten the U.S. homeland? Oh, then they're going to be angry and ask why didn't we stay here. Why do people refuse to look ahead? We failed to do so in 2003, and the Democrats are committing the same mistake. It makes me sad.

Well, I'm tired, and I don't know if I've made sense. It's just that this news makes me so sad, De'on, and, frankly, it frightens me deeply. Very deeply.