Sunday, November 12, 2006

Rest In Peace




Gunz Up holds in loving memory two more Texas Marines

Marine Cpl. Jose A. Galvan, 22, of San Antonio, died Nov.5, 2006 in Anbar. He was assigned to the1st Combat EngineerBattalion, 1st Marine Expeditonary Force, Camp Pendleton, California.

I know our words fall short during these times...but they do lend some comfort.

for

Cpl. Galvan

and

Lance Cpl. Luke B. Holler, 21, of Bulverde, Texas, died Nov. 2 while conducting combat operations in Al Anbar province, Iraq. He was assigned to Marine Forces Reserve’s 4th Reconnaissance Battalion, 4th Marine Division, San Antonio, Texas.

Click for Taps.

"Fading light dims the sight, And a star gems the sky, gleaming bright. From afar drawing nigh -- Falls the night.


"Day is done, gone the sun, From the lake, from the hills, from the sky. All is well, safely rest, God is nigh.


"Then good night, peaceful night, Till the light of the dawn shineth bright, God is near, do not fear -- Friend, good night."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much De'on, I will pass this on to their parents. You're truly amazing!

De'on Miller said...

Oh, Diane, it falls so short. It's amazing...you would think someone like me would have more words.

And I can't help but wonder each Marine name I type, if I'm memorializing one of My "Mushrooms."

I want to hear from them so bad.

Thank you for allowing me some small part.

I love you, Dear Marine Mom.