Friday, November 17, 2006

Homecoming Flight: November 17, 2006

From: "Steve Ramos"
To: "de'on miller"
Subject: RE: In Kuwait
Date:Fri, 17 Nov 2006 10:59:48 -0500

It was hell getting out of Iraq. You've heard about the abductions in Southern Iraq near the Kuwait border? I haven't told you anything yet, but the Iraqi men I paid to take me to Kuwait left me in that small town after they robbed me. They took my computer, camera, the satellite phone and even some of my clothes. I wasn't armed; they were. So what was I going to do? Then they took off, I guess back north. There I was in this village and people staring at me. I'm sure they were afraid to help me in anyway because of their fear of the insurgents. I just sat there, hoping the Marines or Army would come by or civilian contractors. After a couple of hours, a convoy of contractors did come and they gave me a ride. Talk about crazy. It was more than crazy.

Then I hear about those contractors being kidnapped in another convoy, and we went through the same town they did entering Kuwait. God and Aaron were with me. No doubt. But geez, I'm glad it's over. It's no fun being an unarmed civilian. Alone.



To: "
de'on miller"
Subject: RE: In Kuwait
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 11:25:29 -0500

I think it's highly likely that the others [contractors] are dead. The insurgents want the fighting to escalate. They want to do things that increase America's weariness with the war. Did you read that a couple of thousand Marines were headed to Anbar province, which is Fallujah.


From: "de'on miller"

To:
CC:
Subject: RE: In Kuwait Date:
Fri, 17 Nov 2006 09:38:22 -0700

I don't understand why we haven't bombed that place. We're sending in Marine after Marine for more and more of the same. Meanwhile, Bush is weakening on immigration.

A snippet of Steve's voice:

The terrorists are going to take advantage of our weak borders. You wait and see. We must secure them immediately. And I agree with you about Fallujah. It's hell there, one of the worst places in Iraq. It has been since 2003. Bomb it I say.


WELCOME TO THE USA (I hope!?)

No comments: