Friday, November 17, 2006

Virgie Bell's View: Part Three

I have thought of my cousin James Qualls lately. We used to call him monkey face ... I take it back now. Ahmadinejad is truly a monkey face and I want to apologize right here to the monkey for saying that.

John Murtha has been appointed head of defense spending. Oh, goody. I've been trying to come up with a new name for the ones who betray the band of brothers … how about Band of Others? Have you noticed Murtha's grim look of concern? He looks like he is constipated and trying to have a bowel movement. Murtha looks very disgusted that he didn't win majority leader, but Nancy hasn't a clue; she is just so busy looking cute.

I finished reading Dear John by Nicholas Sparks last night. He is just flawless in his writing, and such a sweet romantic, that I cry with each of his books. I want Jess and Kayla to know right now: they cannot borrow this book until they return the others of his to me.

De'on, you are also supposed to return my book that is Bennie’s Christmas and Birthday present; also my picture of Uncle Lonnie and Mother. I'm probably going to be a no-show in the coming season, at least off and on, as I have a lot to do.

The latest gripe I have in the commercial field goes to Nutra-System and the one that says she went from a size ten to a size two, and gets to eat chocolate every day. She spills all of this with a smile that looks like JAWS. Recently, I thought the trend was for us to get away from making so much of the emaciated look, so that we could instill in our young better values.

A size two indeed. When De'on and Lisa were a size two, I couldn't find school clothes for them. I don't recall being a size two ever, but I would settle for a size ten, which I am; albeit a lumpy size ten.

No comments: