Sunday, December 10, 2006

Virgie Bell's View

There was a small sound bite on the news about a female war protester spitting in the face of one of our troops and then it was never mentioned again. It seems that the most she can be charged with is a second degree felony, whatever that is, it amounts to no more than a slap on the wrist!

If anyone is under the impression that these protestors really give two hoots and a holler about whatever protest they are screaming about then that person is delusional. This is a paid job. The protestors are given signs to tote, bussed to whatever place they are to protest against, for whatever cause comes in handy. It is a job for an unskilled worker. I don't know who all is paying the bill on these at the present. It was North Korea and some others for a while. I do know that Theresa Heinz’ foundation is one of the biggies...It got to looking bad for John Kerry to be sponsoring the Sheehan bunch so now the little wife is doing it. The President has just been handed a war he can’t...he can’t fight on the home front. They are the terrorists that call themselves activists.

We have our little ways of fighting back though. In some form, we can do this battle through our purchasing power. But who is going to give up ketchup? No one is. (De'on won’t, that’s for sure. She may figure out how to use it on banana pudding).The most you could hope for is to change brands, and Del-Monte is just as good. You can make your one little cry in the wilderness with me. I promise you no one will notice....but here is the rub. I looked in my larder and found what turned out to be Heinz Ketchup that came from Sam's Club. That means every restaurant is probably using it. My guess is our troops are using it as well. In fact, I'll bet dollars to donuts they are. The ketchup we buy at Sam's comes in a three bottle size container and each bottle weighs two pounds...oh, I will use them now. The damage is done. The money is gone and already being used to pay for those who spit in the face of one of our troops.

If I'm not wrong, it was a parade in DC that this event took place .My guess it is one of the President’s Finest who met with the hateful gesture of the female and her spittle. One from The Marine Marching Band, and then it became hush-hush too quickly. Evidently some feared of a “copycat killer danger.” All I can do is never buy another Heinz product as long as I live.

The only chance we have in this war is for a mighty group to rise up, maybe like the cycle group and tough as the Hell's Angels. We just need hoards of people or maybe just the State of Texas to rise up, stomp our feet and holler at the top of our voices, get as close to them as she did that Marine and shout, “WE’RE SICK OF YOUR STUPIDITY!” But you see it ain’t gonna happen. It would have happened—back in World War II, but like the Tara that was gone with the wind. Poof.

We have become blind to this form of abuse and it breaks my heart.


I hate to care so deeply...it really hurts me. We could win in Iraq and we need to do that for the sake of our children and to secure their futures. The bottom line is that if our sons and daughters don't do this then their offspring will do it. There’s no way around it. There will be wars and rumors of and rumors of war until the prophecy in Daniel is fulfilled. If I was the President or Vice President, I would walk away. We have somehow subjected our leader to death by a thousand cuts. To my way of thinking the best man for the job as commander is still the one whose watch was attacked on 9/11. To be blunt, give me one pissed off Texan.

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

No comments: