Friday, December 15, 2006

The Fighting Seabees


De'on's work on the Seabees is just one of the ways she honors our military. Without our warriors, we wouldn't have a country, and without the Seabees we wouldn't have the freedom we enjoy today. While reading De'on's writings about the Seabees, I thought about the movie "The Fighting Seabees," the World War II movie John Wayne made. Now you know that if the Duke did a movie about the Seabees, then they're a rockin' group of men! The Duke only made movies about heroes. I wish I could have found a larger pic of the movie poster. If you haven't seen the movie, rent it. It's one of my favorite WWII movies. Rock On, Seabees.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this movie, also. Weren't they rebels with a cause! Brave, brave men, we owe them so much honor.

De'on Miller said...

I remember the Seabees in Panama out at Rodman. I think Doug worked with them some.

I'm anxious to share Richard's work with everyone, some photos and some history of the Seabees.

Also, their icon is the very cutest!