Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Merry Christmas To My Family from the McCoy's

Sophia, pictured above, is 11 months old.

This card is from Ian, Liz, and Sophia McCoy. Ian was Aaron's Platoon Leader in OIF2 in Fallujah.

It begins "Dear De'on and Family..."

We had the pleasure of meeting 1LT McCoy and his wife, Liz, at the luncheon that Aaron's section gave for us the day after the Marine Ball 2004 in Cali.

Ian's wife sent me a dozen white roses from her husband (still in Iraq) and herself when Aaron was killed on April 26, 2004. One of the dried buds resides next to another white rose, this rose was part of the dozen Aaron had given me when I graduated from Texas Tech in Dec. 2003. Both of the dried buds stand at attention on their long stems between two window panes in my girl's bathroom.

Made You Look.

No comments: