Wednesday, November 01, 2006

In Baghdad

Hey folks. Thank you for the prayers and good thoughts. I appreciate them deeply. I'm in Baghdad, running around trying to establish a network of sources and contacts. Of course, they all think I'm crazy because I don't have the entourage of security people guarding me. I told De'on that they don't see the thousands of angels who surround me. Call me naive. I don't care.

It's a bad situation here, people. I know you hear some of it on the news, but I have to tell you that we are in danger of losing the peace. I remember reading a comment from an American military officer who was speaking to a North Vietnamese colonel in 1975. The American told him that they had never defeated us in a battle. The colonel thought for a minute then said, "That's irrelevant."

My point is that eve though they didn't beat us on the field, we didn't win the peace. We are in danger of that again. We must never, never assume anything. We assumed that the Iraqis would transition to a democracy easily after Saddam's removal. We assumed they would be elated to have freedom. Our plan didn't provide for the religious rivalry that would lead to murder and for the rise of the insurgency.

I don't say all of this to be a negative nelly. I say it because I want everyone to get serious about this war and demand that our country deal with the insurgents and those who supply them with the only means they know. Force. I know it's not PC, but the hell with that. You think they care about PC? You think they care how they look when they kill children in American cities? They laugh at our sensitivities and think we're weak. I say bomb the hell out of them until they cry for mercy. It's all they understand. When are we going to have enough of the insurgents and their murder?

I'm all for an exit strategy. Of course we need one. We need a plan for victory. But I want that plan to include smoking ruins and dead insurgents. I'm not a jerk. I'm just an American who doesn't want a repeat of 9/11. Let's quit being "sensitive" and PC. I want our country to deliver a message to the countries who support the insurgents. Tell them that if they don't deliver the murderers by such and such a time, then we're going to level their cities. Then show them we mean it. These are people who dance in the street when Americans are killed.

Yeah, yeah. I know I sound crazy, but you should see the chaos in Baghdad. You should see what "sensitivity" and being PC has done. We want to live in a safe United States. People, there's only one way to accomplish that. Show the murderers and their supporters (Iran, Syria) that if they dare to attack us, we will wipe them off the map.

I probably shouldn't say all this here, but I'm tired of those people who hate us screaming their filth and lies. I hate it that we try to respond with reason when we're dealing with sociopaths who don't understand reason. And in the process, more Americans are killed. Respond to their actions with the means they understand. Force.

I apologize for not being "sensitive" and PC. But if being a loudmouth will save an American life, then I'm going to scream even louder.

3 comments:

De'on Miller said...

I'm so thankful to have you there. I don't care how brutal the truth is, I want to know it...and I agree with you. I think Iran would make a great parking lot!

Anonymous said...

I wish all folks back home thought this way. I love it.

De'on Miller said...

And we LOVE You! Thank you!