Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Prayerfully Pro-Active

We need a clear strategy on the war, now more than ever. This falls squarely on the shoulders of the President.

The troops are far too busy to tell us what they think about being in Iraq. The do our bidding. They serve.


Many are 19 years old without political concerns. I'm sure their parents have them.

It became clear to Steve that Rumsfield needed to go. The troops are weary. Do they want more boots on the ground?

No doubt, many are happy about this decision of Rumsfield's. I am relieved. Too much has manifested to effectively lead as Secretary of Defense. It's wise to step down. The reason, yes, it matters. But we can do little about that now.

Now. We must plan for the future.

The troops are our concern, will always be our concern. Far more than any other lives, it is theirs we care about.

I know that God spared my Democratic partner’s life. I also know that Steve, Greg and I went into this situation deep in prayer. We did not want to lose another life in our midst. And Steve was willing to give his.

I also know that $2,000 protected Steve. What do our troops have? No doubt this kind of money has been spent, but is it a comparable flak jacket? What will happen to our defense spending? Of course it needs to be wiser, after all, security companies are allowed to charge up to $2,000. to get into Iraq.

The truth is just now coming out as to when this possible resignation of Rumsfield's was first discussed. One month ago.


But right now, as always. What about the troops?

That’s all we want to know.

It’s 1:00 in the morning in Baghdad. Our partner is either sleeping or hot on this. I know not which.

My husband and I are Republicans. Together, the three of us, Steve, Greg and I are united for our troops.


Our country.

That much I know.

No comments: