Saturday, November 11, 2006

Virgie's Point of View

…and Bush to be held accountable for what Steve...trying?

For God's sake we were attacked on 9 /11. Were we supposed to set on our duffs while Washington discussed what not to do?..yeah right... It's a war for God's sake...Kick ass take names later just as it always has been...winner take all cause there are just two sides winners and losers...Saddam did have weapons of mass destruction and used it on his own people...he said he had them...what were we supposed to do, yell liar-liar pants on fire..

When he invaded Kuwait the far East couldn't get there fast enough. War has always been fought over oil...that's what makes us a superpower.. duh!

And just who is going to conduct these hearings? If everyone in Congress is honest there won't be a stone thrown. Charlie Rangel, a man who didn't finish high school asked yesterday who would want to live in Mississippi?but didn't mean to offend anyone...come on you learn better than that in pre-school.

Then there's John Kerry, who is sorry we misinterpreted his little joke about our stupid, cold blooded Genghis Kahn... He threw his medals over the White House fence in protest...and now they reside in his office. I guess someone in the White House saved them for him until he became a politician himself. One he received for shrapnel from his own weapon.

I voted for Clinton both times or rather the first time and then against Congress for their hearings on his dumb-stick the second time.

De’on asked me once what would have happened if Hitler had won WW11...I told her we would all have been making candles out of the Jewish people and it's true. We are on a slippery slope here.

I want our military to win whatever it takes, period, and if it takes a long tall Texan to figure that out, then God bless him.

The Jewish people have a right to exist and I stand behind them. If anyone disagreees after knowing what they endured during WW11 --then they are heartless.

Steve you are over there but you don't know all their thoughts. There's as much difference in them as there is between De'on and Cindy Sheehan.

Let us be truthful. There are 2 sides to everything.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm at a loss here because I have no idea where this is coming from. I've never said that I know what everyone is thinking. I wanted to come to Iraq, and was willing to risk my life to do so, so that I could explore more sides to the war, examine more evidence. Frankly, it's naive to think that people in the Bush administration didn't commit errors in this war, and, yes, they should be held accountable.

I really don't know what to say. Few things have troubled me than this, Virgie. I'm sorry that my thoughts and words angered and upset you. I truly am. Your post depressed me, and while I can ususally dismiss criticism (I'm used to is as a journalist), your criticism hurts because I either didn't communicate my thoughts well or you didn't understand them.

I infer that you think I was opposed to war entirely. Not so. I just wanted us to go after the right enemy. Yes, Saddam used chemical weapons on the Kurds and the Shiites, but there was tremendous evidence that we had contained him after the Gulf War. Yes, he said he had them. He said so, mainly to keep his control over the Iraqis and Iran.

I'm not going to get into a pissing contest here. No, I don't know everything. I've never said I do. But I was willing to go back into the military (and I still might) so that I could fight and ensure that our country remains free, and we all have the freedom to voice our thoughts.

You might check the votes that gave the president authority to go to war. Do you know how many Democrats voted "yes?"