Friday, October 06, 2006

YeeHaw! I'm in Kuwait. I'm at the ubiquitous Kinko's using the computer and trying to find a place to sleep for the night. Tomorrow, I go to the Iraqi embassy to get a visa to enter. Obtaining one for Kuwait was easy. Paid the guy $11, and I'm in. Going through customer service at Wal-Mart is a million times more difficult. The folks are friendly, directing me to this place and that. The airport crowd is sprinkled with American military, and we nod at each other in that American way that conveys hi, howdy, good evening ... depending if you're from Texas or NYC.

The airport is crowded with shops and if I had been dropped here and then opened my eyes, I'd swear I was in Kansas. Starbucks, Carabou Cafe, Kentucky Fried Chicken ... they're all here. Uncle Sam has a long reach.

I'm off to find a resting place. Wish me luck as I follow the yellow brick road to Baghdad. Peace

2 comments:

De'on Miller said...

Oh, Wow! How exciting! I'm relieved to finally hear! Ohhh, take care and post as often as you can!

Anonymous said...

Amen to that my sister.